All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $39.53Free postage
- AU $42.06Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionA conceptually power-packed volume that is at once erudite and accessible, expansive and focused, true to sociological traditions yet stimulatingly exploratory. Scholars and students will be served very well by this absorbing, far-reaching enquiry into ethnicity and race. - Raymond Taras, Tulane University This concise, profound, and beautifully written book offers a tour de force across the landscape of race and ethnicity by a young author who masters them all. - Per Mouritsen, Aarhus University This book offers an accessible discussion of both foundational and vel concepts in the study of race and ethnicity. Each account will help readers become familiar with how long standing and contemporary arguments within race and ethnicity studies contribute to our understanding of social and political life more broadly. Providing an excellent starting point with which to understand the contemporary relevance of these concepts, Nasar Meer offers an up-to-date and engaging consideration of everyday examples from around the world. This is an indispensable guide for both students and established researchers interested in the study of race and ethnicity.
- Author BiographyDr Nasar Meer is Reader in Comparative Social Policy and Citizenship, and Chancellor's Fellow in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, at the University of Strathclyde. During 2012-13 he was a Minda de Gunzberg Fellow at Harvard University, a Visiting Fellow with the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at the University of Edinburgh, and a member of the British Council's Outreach Program. He has previously studied at the Universities of Essex, Edinburgh, and Bristol, and held a visiting fellowship with the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African-American Studies at Harvard University. He presently holds a visiting fellowship with the University of Arhus. Nasar was previously a Lecturer at the University of Southampton, and a researcher at the Centre for the Study of Ethnicity and Citizenship at the Bristol Institute for Public Affairs.
- Author(s)Nasar Meer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.