All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This invative and clearly written handbook does exactly what it claims on the cover, providing students with accessible and authoritative kwledge of the essential topics in Radio Studies...Chignell writes about radio with an engaging mixture of scholarly detachment and private passion' - The Radio Journal . 'There is a need for a straightforward, wide-ranging, and up-to-date introduction to ways to study radio and other new audio-based media. Hugh Chignell's new book certainly fits the bill, and admirably takes the reader from initial ideas through to additional readings which explore the core issues in greater depth. It is crisply and engagingly written, draws upon a very good range of scholarship, and provides many useful contemporary examples...Students will find it an essential aid to their studies, and it may even go someway to ensuring that the study of radio is as important in the academy as its visual cousins' - Viewfinder . 'This book is a useful starting point for radio students and staff, packed with citations and pithy comment from the author. It is a rich resource book for academic radio study at all levels' - Janey Gordon, University of Bedfordshire. The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative kwledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensible study aids and guides to comprehension. Key Concepts in Radio Studies : provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field; grounds theory with global examples; takes it further with recommended reading; covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies; and, situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture.
- Author BiographyHugh Chignell is Reader in Radio at the Media School, Bournemouth University.
- Author(s)Hugh Chignell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/02/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight358 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.