Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $2,013.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This clearly written and user-friendly book is ideal for students or researchers who wish to get a basic, but solid grasp of a topic and see how it fits with other topics. By following the links a student can easily and efficiently build up a clear conceptual map of social research' - Malcolm Williams, Reader in Sociology, University of Plymouth 'This is a really useful book, written in an accessible manner for students beginning their study of social research methods. It is helpful both as an introductory text and as a reference guide for more advanced students. Most of the key topics in methods and methodology are covered and it will be suitable as a recommended text on a wide variety of courses' - Clive Seale, Goldsmiths College, University of London At last, an authoritative, crystal-clear introduction to research methods which really takes account of the needs of students for accessible, focused information to help with undergraduate essays and exams. The key concepts discussed here are based on a review of teaching syllabi and the authors' experience of many years of teaching.Topics range over qualitative and quantitative approaches and combine practical considerations with philosophical issues. They include several new topics, like internet and phone polling, internet searches, and visual methods. Each section is free-standing, can be tackled in order, but with links to other sections to enable students to cross-reference and build up a wider understanding of central research methods. To facilitate comprehension and aid study, each section begins with a definition. It is followed by a summary of key points with key words and guides to further reading and up-to-date examples. The book is a major addition to undergraduate reading lists. It is reliable, allows for easy transference to essays and exams and easy to use, and exceptionally clearly written for student consumption. The book answers the needs of all those who find research methods daunting, and for those who have dreamt of an ideal introduction to the subject.
- Author BiographyTeaching Interests: Social Research Methods; Social Inequalities, Divisions and Mobilities Research Interests - current: Social Research Methods; Social Mobility; Social Processes in (small rural) Communities; 'Family History' Research Interests - recent: Class Identities; Literacy; Gender; Ethnicity; Poverty. Mrs. Judy Payne is Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher Educator in the department of Adolescent, Career, and Special Education. She is also the Career and Technical Education program coordinator. Mrs. Payne earned her B.S. in Home Economics Education (1962) and M.S. in Home Economics Education (1967) from Southern Illinois University - Carbondale. She has taken additional graduate courses at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale and through Oregon State University. Before coming to the College of Education (2000), Mrs. Payne was a faculty member in the department of Home Economics, later renamed the department of Family & Consumer Studies. Her other teaching experiences include 3 years of middle school in Maryland, 2 years of secondary school in Illinois, and 3 years of middle/secondary school teaching in Oregon.
- Author(s)Geoff Payne,Judy Payne
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.