All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSociology consists of a myriad of frequently confusing concepts. Key Concepts in Sociology provides a comprehensive, lively and clearly-written guide to the most important concepts in the subject. It includes both what might be regarded as 'classic' sociological concepts, such as class, bureaucracy and community, as well as subjects that have become increasingly prominent in recent times, such as celebrity, risk and the body. Each of the thirty-eight substantive entries: * defines the concept * provides a clear and compelling narrative * clarifies the main debates, perspectives and disagreements * gives advice on further reading Key Concepts in Sociology should be the first choice for sociology students at all levels of learning.
- Author BiographyPeter Braham lectured in sociology at the Open University for many years. He made major contributions to a number of Open University courses: Patterns of Inequality; Ethnic Minorities and Community Relations; Mass Communication and Society; An Introduction to Sociology; 'Race', Education and Society; Understanding Modern Societies; Implementing New Technologies; An Introduction to Information Technology; Culture, Media and Identities; Studying Family and Community History: 19th and 20th Centuries; and Sociology and Society. He co-edited Discrimination and Disadvantage in Employment: the Experience of Black Workers ; Media, Knowledge and Power ; Racism and Antiracism ; Political and Economic Forms of Modernity ; Social Differences and Divisions ; Dictionary of Race, Ethnicity and Culture . His main research interests have been in migration and settlement, child immigration and family reunification, and he has been the UK partner on several international research projects in these areas.
- Author(s)Peter H. Braham
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight517 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.