All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrug use is a major challenge for public services, healthcare professionals and policy-makers all over the world. This book offers a complete overview of the issues associated with substance misuse from an interdisciplinary perspective. It begins by providing a reference guide to the different psychoactive substances, looking at the biological and psychological impact of their use. Key issues in the effect drugs have on society are then addressed, before outlining methods of recovery and therapy. Chapters include: * Reflective questions to challenge readers' assumptions * Case studies to help students understand the impact of substances on individuals * Links to further resources to expand readers' kwledge It will be valuable reading for those studying on degrees in crimilogy, health, nursing, social work and counselling.
- Author BiographyAaron Pycroft is a Senior Lecturer at Institute of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Portsmouth.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAaron Pycroft
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.