All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKey Papers on Korea is a commemorative collection of papers celebrating 25 years of the Centre of Korean Studies (CKS), SOAS, University of London that have been written by senior academics and emerging scholars. The subjects covered in this collection reflect the different research interests and different strengths of the CKS and include historical perceptions of ancient kingdoms in Manchuria, North Korean propaganda literature, the problematic history of Si-North Korean borderlands, the millenarian aspects of Won Buddhism, and the importance of the years 1910-11 in the development of Korean music. The collection is framed by two pieces on SOAS, which have been commissioned exclusively for this publication: an introduction that examines the 60-year history of Korean studies at SOAS, and a closing paper that sheds light on the rare collections of Korean art held at SOAS.
- Author BiographyAndrew David Jackson, Ph.D. (2011), SOAS, University of London, is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at that university. He has published articles on premodern Korean history and South Korean cinema, and edited a collection on East Asian Cinema.
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight635 g
- Width157 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrew David Jackson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.