Key Strategies to Improve Schools: How to Apply Them Contextually by Edward L. Harris (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchool improvement initiatives are often the focus of political agendas, professional conferences, and publications. While a plethora of school improvement resources and techniques exist, most explanations for employing school improvement strategies in differing contexts are extremely vague at best and n-existent at worst. Here, author Edward Harris explains and illustrates strategic, practical approaches for adapting and applying research-based school improvement strategies. While consideration is given to the principal's role in the school, the tion of school leadership is viewed in broader terms and includes teacher roles as well. The interrelationship of organizational culture and school leadership is also a key component of this book. One of the goals is to bridge the gap between the theory and practice of school leadership. Harris provides an explanation of Mary Douglas's typology of grid and group, substantive analytical tools and procedures to examine one's social context and assess school culture, and practical examples and suggestions for contextualizing and adapting school improvement strategies. This book features in-depth, practical applications and explanations of the following school improvement strategies: * Increasing student engagement and motivation * Providing focused, sustained professional development * Implementing organizational and management practices * Building links * Monitoring and accelerating improvement This book is useful for teachers, administrators, and anyone involved in teacher leadership preparation programs.
- Author BiographyEdward L. Harris is an associate professor and Williams Chair of Educational Leadership at Oklahoma State University. His research, teaching and service activities focus on school culture and leadership.
- Author(s)Edward L. Harris
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/07/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width167 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.