All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe twentieth century - with its unprecedented advances in techlogy and scientific understanding - saw the birth of a distinctively new and 'modern' age. Henri Bergson stood as one of the most important philosophical voices of that tumultuous time. An intellectual celebrity in his own life time, his work was widely discussed by such thinkers as William James, Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell, as well as having a profound influence on modernist writers such as Wallace Stevens, Willa Cather and Wyndham Lewis and later thinkers, most tably Gilles Deleuze. Key Writings brings together Bergson's most essential writings in a single volume, including crucial passages from such major work as Time and Free Will, Matter and Memory, Creative Evolution, Mind-Energy, The Creative Mind, The Two Sources of Morality and Religion and Laughter. The book also includes Bergson's correspondences with William James and a chrology of his life and work.
- Author BiographyKeith Ansell Pearson holds a Personal Chair in Philosophy at the University of Warwick, UK. John O Maoilearca is Professor of Film and Television Studies at Kingston University, UK. He is the author of Bergson and Philosophy (Edinburgh UP, 1999), Post-Continental Philosophy: An Outline (Continuum, 2006) and Refractions of Reality: Philosophy and the Moving Image (Palgrave Macmillan, 2009). Henri Bergson (1859-1941) was one of the most important philosophical figures of the earlier twentieth-century, a cult figure in his day and a profound influence on such thinkers and writers as William James, Maurice Merleau-Ponty and Gilles Deleuze. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1927.
- Author(s)Henri Bergson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- Series TitleBloomsbury Revelations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight680 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohn Mullarkey,John O. Maoilearca,Keith Ansell-Pearson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.