All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- Description'A must read for practitioners of educational leadership and students alike! Offers powerful strategies, recommendations, and resources to successfully lead school reform. The checklists are invaluable tools to bring about the cultural shift needed to focus all stakeholders on teaching and learning.'uRoy F. Davenport, Principal, Alfred E. Beach High School, Savannah, GA Urban principals face unique challenges that deserve unique solutions. How can urban principals meet the challenge of educating students in environments that routinely include poverty, violence, aging infrastructure, lack of funding, cultural differences, and high levels of turver? This accessible manual offers powerful tools and practical guidance to ensure that urban principals succeed as school leaders. Gwendolyn J. Cooke provides tried-and-true, research-based strategies for initiating, stabilizing, and sustaining effective practices. Each chapter includes reflective thinking activities to help school leaders assess needs, and set and achieve goals. This second edition examines the challenges the current educational environment and links the ISLLC standards to seven keys of leadership:Control: manage the school community by building consensusCaring: create a school climate that invites students to learn, grow, and exploreChange: use effective strategies to implement constructive change processesCharisma: cultivate your own charismatic potential Communication: strengthen your ability to communicate in different settingsCurriculum: provide instructional leadership by harnessing the power of curriculumCourage: find the courage needed to take risks that will move your school forward Use these proven strategies to increase your leadership capacity and effect real change in your school!
- Author BiographyFor over 36 years, Gwendolyn J. Cooke has served learners by delivering high quality education in schools and universities. Prior to being named Deputy Superintendent of Kansas City, MO School District, she worked in senior level positions in these urban districts: Warrensville Heights, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Savannah, GA and Baltimore, MD. For a decade, Cooke directed programs and services for urban and rural schools at the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP). Certified to train others in the use of many of NASSP's professional development programs for school leaders, Cooke's areas of expertise include leadership development of school administrators, gifted and talented education, standards-based school reform, multicultural education, NCLB regulations, parent and community involvement, and educating special education and economically disadvantaged children.
- Author(s)Gwendolyn J. Cooke
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/01/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.