About this product
- DescriptionFor anyone who can't see a ball without wanting to kick it, head it, shoot it, or boot it! 'Not eating an ice-cream Or riding a bike No - kicking a ball Is what I like.' 'What I like best, yes, most of all in my whole life is ...kicking a ball. A wonderful rhyming story to read aloud, Kicking A Ball will t disappoint fans of Allan Ahlberg. First written as a poem, the little boy in the story has been brought to life perfectly by artist Sebastien Braun. Every parent will be able to immediately relate to the simple joy felt by a boy simply kicking a ball, and how there is thing else quite like it. The incomparable Allan Ahlberg takes us on a journey from childhood to fatherhood full of humour, warmth, friendship ...and football.
- Author BiographyAllan Ahlberg, a former teacher, postman, plumber's mate and grave digger, is in the super-league of children's writers. He has published over 100 children's books and, with his late wife Janet, created such award winning picture books as EACH PEACH PEAR PLUM and THE JOLLY POSTMAN - both winners of the Kate Greenaway Medal. He has also written prize-winning poetry and fiction and lives in Bath. Sebastien is French and studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University before becoming a freelance illustrator. He moved to London in 2000 and has since worked exclusively on children's picture books.
- Author(s)Allan Ahlberg
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (colour)
- Weight492 g
- Width255 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sebastien Braun
- Interest AgeFrom 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.