All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'If I die,' Egan Welch wrote in a te to his father, 'it is t alcohol that killed me. It's something else.' Kicking the Black Mamba is an unforgettable many-layered story of the death of a son. It is a vivid, haunting personal tragedy, but Welch explores its roots in generations of Irish lives scarred by shame and disgrace, and reflects on the lawless energies that may be unleashed w that the constraining institutions and rituals of church and magic have lost their hold on people's minds. It is a frightening confession of a man who fears his own complicity in his son's alcohol addiction. But it is also a love story, the story of 'a boy's love for his father, and a father's helpless love for his son.'
- Author BiographyRobert Anthony Welch was the Professor of English and Dean of Arts at the University of Ulster. His many books of criticism include Irish Poetry from Moore to Yeats and Changing States: Transformations in Modern Irish Writing. His play Protestants toured to Belfast, Derry, Coleraine, Glasgow, Edinburgh and the West End of London in 2004. He is a Member of the Royal Irish Academy (MRIA).He was born in Cork.
- Author(s)Robert Anthony Welch
- PublisherDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.