Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.30+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalter A. Hunt kws what it means to live with kidney disease. Here, he shares his experience and kwledge to help other people with the disease understand and cope with its challenges. When Hunt learned he had kidney disease, he was overwhelmed by the prospect of facing kidney failure. He had so many questions: Why are my kidneys failing? Is there anything I can do to save them? How will I kw when my kidneys have failed? What will it feel like? What treatments are available for me? Is there a cure for kidney failure? The good news, as Hunt found out, is that kidney failure is highly treatable. People with the disease can lead full and productive lives, and Hunt's readable and empathetic book will help them do just that. It discusses the latest scientific and medical findings about kidney disease, including what kidneys do; the underlying diseases that cause failure; diagsis, treatment, and prevention; dietary factors; clinical trials; and the future direction of research on kidney failure. Kidney disease is difficult, but as Hunt's narrative reveals, people living with it can take control of their health and their future. By understanding kidney failure-what causes it, how it may affect their lives, and what treatment options they have-people with the disease can improve their quality of life and achieve the best possible outcome.
- Author BiographyWalter A. Hunt holds a doctorate in neuropharmacology from West Virginia University. As a medical researcher for thirty years, he examined the biological basis of diseases, never considering that one day he would be dealing with a serious disease of his own. Having polycystic kidney disease (PKD), the fourth leading cause of kidney failure, he endured seven and a half years of dialysis and two dozen stays in the hospital before receiving a transplant. Now free of kidney problems, Dr. Hunt serves on the Board of Trustees of the PKD Foundation and travels the world.
- Author(s)Walter A. Hunt
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note31, 31 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byRonald D. Perrone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.