All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn award-winning, 5-step survival guide for individuals at risk for or with kidney disease, including people with diabetes and hypertension, the two leading causes of kidney disease. The book is written by a kidney transplant dor and a kidney transplant recipient, and is edited by a leading nephrologist. It includes recent research, current statistics, and patient interviews. The book is written in understandable English. The 5 steps begin with your odds quizzes to help readers determine their risks for developing kidney disease and surviving the disease, or dialysis, or transplant. Step 2 is devoted to current information on kidney disease and the factors leading to it--diabetes, hypertension, obesity. The subjects covered in Step 2 are progressive, moving from kidney anatomy and function; through disease causes and diagsis; to dialysis and transplantation. The interspersed interviews, statistics, and applicable research give each chapter variety and add interest. KidneyStep 3 encourages self-management of health conditions and a lifestyle approach. It discusses depression in kidney patients and the often-igred possibility of death as an alternative to dialysis. KidneyStep 4 is about nutrition and diet and is particularly relevant to diabetes and hypertension, the leading causes of kidney damage. The chapters provide a medically-sound diet plan and recipes. KidneyStep 5 encourages physical activity and provides both beginning and more advanced exercise suggestions designed by an exercise physiologist and demonstrated by the kidney-dor author.
- Author BiographyAuthor Vicki L. Hulett, a lawyer, inherited a kidney disease that destroyed all kidney function. Vicki's daughter Jennifer L. Waybright, the other author and a nurse, donated a kidney to save Vicki's life. They wrote this book to alert others at risk for kidney disease that the disease often can be slowed or stopped, especially for people with diabetes and hypertension. KidneySteps includes 5 steps for better health and to prevent further kidney damage.
- Author(s)Jennifer L Waybright,Victoria L Hulett
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byTim E Taber M D
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.