All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake Delicious Foods from Many Lands and Discover Something about Different Culture What do kids in Jamaica eat for breakfast? How can you make a delicious loaf of challah bread? Who created the first chocolate chip cookie? Let your curiosity--and appetite--run wild while you learn how to make scrumptious delicacies from cultures across the globe. Kids Around the World Cook! takes you on a taste-bud-tingling tour to lands far and near with a fun assortment of trivia and lots of safe and easy-to-make recipes. Begin your meal in Ethiopia, as you sample the thin, pancake-shaped bread called injera, then take off to Japan, where you can make the mouthwatering traditional dinner called kushiyaki. Visit India on a hot summer day and enjoy the yummy taste of lassi, a sweet yogurt drink, and finish off your meal in Egypt with baklawa, a flaky pastry made with nuts, coconut, and butter. Kids Around the World Cook! is a fabulous blend of fascinating facts and delicious recipes. Impress your family and friends and, best of all, sample all of the tasty results of your exciting excursions.
- Author BiographyARLETTE N. BRAMAN, a former teacher and developer of international thematic units for students, has written articles for such magazines as The Friend, Pen & Ink, and Manic Moms. She is also the author of Kids Around the World Create!
- Author(s)Arlette N. Braman
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2000
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleKids Around the World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width280 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Reading Age8-12
- Interest Age8-12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.