All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the curiosity of computer-literate youngsters from grades 6 through 12 who want to learn how to write their own computer programs. Although programming is serious, it can also be a lot of fun - and this book turns the process into an enjoyable challenge rather than a boring task. For children: You may already kw a lot about computers, and probably spend a lot of time using them. However, if you are curious about what's inside the computer, if you want to understand what makes it work, and how you can make it do what YOU want - which is what programming is all about - then this is the book for you. For Parents and Educators: Most children today practically live with computers, and they cant even imagine a world without them. However, rarely are they given the opportunity to understand how computers actually work, let alone what programming a computer really means. There are other books that satisfy the child's curiosity at a level that an average child can understand and enjoy. This book was created to fulfill that goal. Note: All the examples in the book can be downloaded from the book's website, www.kidscanprogramtoo.com.
- Author BiographyEly Eshel got involved with programming more than 40 years ago, in his high-school junior year, and has not been able to stop since. To this day, all of his professional activities revolve around software and programming. During his long career, he developed software and managed its development in various industries, holding positions ranging from software developer to CTO and CEO. One of the groundbreaking applications he developed won the Israel Information Processing Association Award in 1979. He later founded a company, Momentum Software, a pioneer of Message Oriented Middleware. He also wrote numerous articles and papers and was an invited speaker to many of the software industry's events. He is a Sun Certified Java Programmer and Sun Certified Web Component Developer. Ely decided to write this book when his son, then 12 years old, wanted to learn how to program. To his dismay, he discovered that there were no books on this subject for children that age, and no school or after-school programs were available. He then decided to combine his many years of experience in programming with his teaching and presentation experience, and provide children with the opportunity to learn programming at a young age.
- Author(s)Ely Eshel
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.