All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this four-book series, Regie Routman shares how she teaches poetry writing to children in grades K-4. Each book is written for a different grade level, so the strategies and the poems are perfectly tailored to the developmental levels and the particular delights of that age!The trauma of eating peas, the pleasure of reading, the thrill of playing hockey ... these are the topics second graders immortalize in verse when they're given the opportunity to write about what matters to them. And in this remarkable book, Regie Routman shares 20 delightful poems by second graders that you can use as models in your poetry writing lessons with kids. Regie describes the way she invites children to study a model poem, beginning by asking kids, What do you tice? She shows how she demonstrates the poetrywriting process to children: thinking aloud and drafting poems about her own life, and then inviting children write on their own. Includes 20 reproducible poems written and illustrated by second graders to share with kids. Perfect for classroom teachers and parents!
- Author BiographyRegie Routman has been teaching in public schools for almost three decades. She has taught most of the elementary grades and has been a reading specialist, a learning disabilities tutor, a Reading Recovery teacher, a language arts resource and mentor teacher, and a staff developer. Currently, she teaches and consults in schools and districts around the country doing demonstration teaching and conducting workshops. She continues to speak to educators nationally and internationally. Regie Routman's books are acclaimed by educators as providing a solid, theory-based understanding of language learning along with a wealth of useable ideas and resources. She writes in an upbeat, conversational, practical, and sincere voice from her daily experiences in the classroom. Regie's first book, Transitions: From Literature to Literacy (Heinemann, 1988) has helped countless elementary teachers make the journey to literature-based teaching and more meaning-centered approaches. Her follow-up book, Invitation: Changing as Teachers and Learners K-12 (Heineman, 1991 and 1994) has proven to be an inspiring, invaluable, comprehensive resource for teachers of all grades. Her most recent book is Literacy at the Crossroads: Crucial Talk About Reading, Writing, and Other Teaching Dilemmas (Heinemann, 1996). As cries for back to basic teaching have grown louder, this book was written to clarify issues, offer specific suggestions, and provide impetus for taking action to make a meaningful difference in our schools. Her newest book, Conversations: Strategies for Teaching, Learning and Evaluating will be available from Heinemann in autumn 1999.
- Author(s)Regie Routman
- PublisherTeaching Strategies
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeaching Strategies
- Weight163 g
- Width178 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.