All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third and final volume on the life work of the charismatic landscape architect Dieter Kienast. The landscape designs of Dieter Kienast have a great lyrical quality. By reducing his designs to a few essential elements and principles, Kienast skilfully plays with opposing factors such as the natural and the artificial, order and chaos. The continual juxtaposition of town and country, rationalism and romanticism, garden history and modern art, have, by their very simplicity, the power to move. Through his wide range of materials, encompassing t only plants, but also steel, concrete and glass, and with the cooperation of architects and artists, Dieter Kienast creates spaces which are sensitive to the mood of modern times, and bear witness to them. Amongst the projects included in this volume are the International Horticultural Show in Graz 2000, the EXPO2000 in Haver and the landscaping around the Tate Modern in London. Dieter Kienast (1945-1998) was one of the most important exponents in contemporary landscape architecture. He was Professor in Rapperswil from 1980-91, in Karisruhe from 1992-97 and from 1997, he was Professor at the ETH Zurich. Despite his untimely death in 1998, his international reputation is undisputed.
- Author(s)Dieter Kienast
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Note80 colour, 80 duotone, and 20 b&w illustrations
- Weight1633 g
- Width228 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.