All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMerold Westphal is a kwing interpreter who has penetrated Kierkegaard's mind and is faithful to Kierkegaard's own interest...In a helpful and stimulating way, he also brings to his interpretation of Kierkegaard an intimate kwledge of three other thinkers whose lives overlapped with Kierkegaard's: Hegel, Marx, and Nietzsche. - Pacific Theological Review.
Kierkegaard's Critique of Reason and Society is a pivotal event in the history of Kierkegaardian interpretation...Westphal's reading of Kierkegaard contains a polemic against two prevalent misreadings. Kierkegaard is often seen as an irrationalist, and he is often seen as an individualist. Westphal argues powerfully that both labels, as usually understood, are completely misleading. - Christian Scholar's Review.
- Author BiographyMerold Westphal is Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University, USA and author of History and Truth in Hegel's Phenomenology (1979) and God, Guilt, and Death: An Existential Phenomenology of Religion (1987).
- Author(s)Merold Westphal
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/1991
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.