All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile Kierkegaard is primarily kwn as a philosopher or religious thinker, his writings have also been used extensively by literary writers, critics and artists. This use can be traced in the work of major cultural figures t just in Denmark and Scandinavia but also in the wider world. They have been attracted to his creative mixing of genres, his complex use of pseudonyms, his rhetoric and literary style, and his rich images, parables, and allegories. The present volume documents this influence in the different language groups and traditions. Tome V treats the work of a heterogeneous group of writers from the Romance languages and from Central and Eastern Europe. Kierkegaard has been particularly important for Spanish literature: the Argentine writers Jorge Luis Borges, Leonardo Castellani, and Ernesto SA!bato, the Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes, and the Spanish essayist and philosopher MarA-a Zambra were all inspired to varying degrees by him. The Dane also appears in the work of Romanian writer Max Blecher, while the Portuguese author Fernando Pessoa was almost certainly inspired by Kierkegaard's use of pseudonyms. Kierkegaard has also influenced diverse literary figures from Central and Eastern Europe. His influence appears in the vels of the contemporary Hungarian authors Peter Nadas and Peter EsterhA!zy, the work of the Russian writer and literary critic, Mikhail Bakhtin, the Polish writer Witold Gombrowicz and the Czech velist Ivan KlA-ma. Tome V also examines how Kierkegaard's treatment of the story of Abraham and Isaac in Fear and Trembling interested the Polish-born Israeli velist Pinhas Sadeh.
- Author BiographyJon Stewart, University of Copenhagen, Denmark Leo Stan, Eduardo Fernandez Villar, Maria J. Binetti, Patricia C. Dip, Elisabete M. de Sousa, Antonio M. Feijo, Maria J. Binetti, Carmen Revilla, Laura Llevadot, Tatiana Shchyttsova, Andras Nagy, Wojciech Kaftanski, Nigel Hatton, Sharon Krishek.
- Author(s)Dr. Jon Stewart
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2013
- Series TitleKierkegaard Research: Sources Reception and Resources
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Jon Stewart
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.