All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKill-crazy Gang: The Crimes of the Lewis-Jones Gang is about the violent Lewis-Jones gang of the 1910s. One of the first gangs to use the automobile, it was the forerunner of the major bandit gangs of the 1930s. They came out of Oklahoma to rob banks and trains and steal cars. It is said they killed twenty-one lawmen and maimed a dozen more before the law finally wiped them out. Among the colorful criminals were Dale Jones, a cross-dresser, Eva Lewis, a beautiful young singer and dancer, and Mattie Howard, the girl with the agate eyes and the smile of death, who was said to have had ten sweethearts of hers who had died. One lawman wrote, the crimson records of the Lewis Boys gang easily over matched all the rest.
- Author BiographyJeffery S. King was a reference librarian at the U. S. Bureau of the Census and the Washington, D. C. Publlic Library for twenty-seven years. The author of The Life and Death of Pretty Boy Floyd and The Rise and Fall of the Dillinger Gang, he lives in Washington, D. C.
- Author(s)Jeffery S King
- PublisherFrank Manley Publishing Company
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFrank Manley Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.