All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionHooked on su doku? Then move on up to kakuro! Kakuro is the latest Japanese puzzle craze for all those who thought they had reached the limit in logic puzzles. Kakuro is all about numbers, and like su doku it is solved by using logic, with absolutely guesswork. However, Kakuro takes puzzling a step further: it requires simple arithmetic skills as well as reasoning. But don't worry if maths isn't your strong point. While some of the logic relies on you being able to add up, the sums only ever involve a few single digits, and the totals in this book are never more than 45. You don't need to be a maths whiz, r do you need to have a calculator handy. You will have difficulty in doing the sums in your head. As with the incredibly addictive su doku, the fun in doing kakuro is working out the logic that gets you from the starting position to the single solved grid of digits. So if you're bored with su doku - kakuro is the next logical step ...
- Author BiographyMark Huckvale is a Senior Lecturer at University College London. Trained as a scientist and engineer, he uses computers to research into the working of human speech. He has designed a number of new sudoku-like puzzles and authored many puzzle books. He also supplies puzzles to magazines and newspapers including the INDEPENDENT.
- Author(s)Mark Huckvale
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication07/12/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Note200 Diagram(s)
- Weight220 g
- Width198 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.