Killing Time: An 18-Year Odyssey from Death Row to Freedom by John Hollway (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1984, John Thompson was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of a white man in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was sent to Angola prison and confined to his cell twenty-three hours a day. However, Thompson adamantly proclaimed his incence and just needed lawyers who believed that his trial had been mishandled and who would step up to the plate against the powerful DA's office. But who would fight for Thompson's incence when he didn't have an alibi for the night of the murder and there were two key witnesses to confirm his guilt? Killing Time is about the eighteen-year quest for John Thompson's freedom from a wrongful murder conviction. After Philadelphia lawyers Michael Banks and Gordon Cooney take on his case, they struggle to find areas of misconduct in his previous trials while grappling with their questions about Thompson's incence. John Hollway and Ronald M. Gauthier have interviewed Thompson and the lawyers regarding the case and paint a realistic and compelling portrait of life on death row and the corruption in the Louisiana police and DA's office. When it is found that evidence was mishandled in a previous trial that led to his death sentence in the murder case, Thompson is finally on his road to freedom-a journey that continues to this day. Complete with an updated afterword describing Thompson's 2011 civil suit against Harry Connick Sr. and the New Orleans DA's office and the Supreme Court's shocking verdict.
- Author BiographyJohn Hollway is an attorney and writer who has worked both in a federal prosecutor's office and as a defense attorney in state and federal courts. He is currently based in San Francisco, California.Ronald M. Gauthier is a library branch manager in Gwinnett County, Georgia, and once served as an adult literacy instructor for the Louisiana prison system and a social services counselor. He is the author of Hard Time on the Bayou, a prison novel based on his experiences working in corrections. He currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)John Hollway
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width29 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine153 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.