Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionCancer... Everyone wants a cure for cancer. Is someone willing to kill for it? Alan Rupert is an up-and-coming star in cancer research, on the verge of developing a new test for the disease. Who has him kidnapped, and why? Escaping from captivity and returning to his laboratory, Alan tries to answer these questions, w more vital to him than any in his research. Is it a rival scientist, who wants to beat Alan to the patent for his biomarker genes? Someone from his own laboratory, who wants to sell critical information to a third party? A member of his startup company, who wants to muscle Alan out of the picture? With the help of the same DNA analysis techlogy that he uses in the lab, Alan searches for the answers, while trying to balance cutting-edge research in cancer, the business of marketing a new test, and mentoring his new students. It is only when his kidnapper becomes a killer that Alan realizes that information he possesses is a threat to his life.
- Author BiographyAndrew P. Smith, Ph.D., does research in cancer and neurodegenerative disease at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. He has a background in biochemistry and neuroscience, and has written and researched extensively also in evolutionary science.
- Author(s)Andrew P Smith
- PublisherScience & Humanities Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScience & Humanities Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.