All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can't really imagine Korea without kimchi. For thousands of years, their fermented vegetables have been absolutely essential at meals. In Korea, kimchi is so much more than food - it is a national cultural treasure, a universal health food and a part of the Korean identity. Koreans are obsessed with good food, and the Lim family is exception. For two generations, they have retained the proud tradition of kimchi at the Arirang Resturant in Stockholm. This book contains the family's most popular recipes - common, as well as rarer, kimchi recipes, Korean everyday food and the ever recurring bi-bim-bap (which literally means 'mixed rice'). The Lim family present their version of a classic with lettuce, cabbage, chilli and ginger, but also the popular radish kimchi, kattugi, as well as the more unusual varieties with pumpkin, oysters, mushrooms, roots and other vegetables. Sourish, hot and tasty, kimchi is a wonderful accessory for most meals, t only Asian-style dishes but every imaginable Western dish. Here are 'insider' tips on how to go about fermenting vegetables at home. Considering it is so incredibly simple, the result is amazing, beautiful, tasty and healthy, thanks to the built-in riches of good bacteria cultures found in vegetables.
- Author BiographyByung-Hi Lim & Byung-Soon Lim are sisters and together with their mother, Boo Mee Ja Lim and aunt Im Kee Sun, they run the Arirang Restaurant in Stockholm. The Arirang opened back in 1975 and was the first restaurant of its kind in Scandinavia. The ambition at the restaurant is to prepare everyday Korean food at its best. In 2009 they published the prize-winning cookbook Korean Food.
- Author(s)Byung-Hi Lim,Byung-Soon Lim
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content Note100 colour photographs
- Weight612 g
- Width183 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.74
- AU $38.27Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $43.54Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.34
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $32.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.