All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionKimimela Kansas 1852 Half-breed Everett Snipes discovers a newborn baby crying by the body of her mother. He recognizes the mother as the second wife of his cousin Wakiza, chief of the village of scouts located a few miles from the Army base. Everett rescues the infant and takes her to her family. The child's people are being pushed out of their ancestral lands. In the east, rumblings of the coming war over slavery are already spreading across the nation, and Kansas, Bloody Kansas, will t escape the carnage. The Kansa Indians once controlled the entire territory. Now, white settlers are flooding in and, in spite of treaties, stealing reservation lands while the white government takes action against the invasion. As she grows, Kimimela and her family fight marauding Pawnees, the white man's diseases, and changing times. Under the protection of her cousin Everett, a man who belongs where, yet manages to fit in everywhere, she survives. Kimimela must adapt and make her way in life by learning to blend in with the very people who have stolen everything rightfully hers. Throughout her struggle, Kimimela, the daughter and granddaughter of chiefs, clings to the traditions of her people. She is Kansa... and will never forget it.
- Author BiographyA Michigan native who studied writing in school, Donna first came to Vegas to make costumes and soon was weaving the stories she heard in the back of the girl's dressing room into her first novel. Now she is the author of the 'Alexandra Merritt Mysteries, ' which include 'The Last Two Aces in Las Vegas, ' 'The Las Vegas Desert Flower, ' 'The Las Vegas Special, ' 'Rough Ride in Vegas', 'M.I.A. Las Vegas' and 'The Las Vegas Sophisticate'. She has written several other stand-alone thrillers, 'Desperate Ambition, ' about a political assassination, 'The Right Society, ' about a devout Christian family that moves into a religious community and finds it's easier to get in than it is to get out, and 'The Other Hand, ' about a famous athlete who leaves his family for a young, virginal girl. Shortly after they divorce, she winds up slaughtered. He is the primary suspect, but not the only one. Donna has a popular series of historical romances, The Manhattan Stories, 'Jessica', 'Pillsbury Crossing', 'The Cabin' and now 'Kimimela'. A fifth in this series is currently in progress. Her light-hearted work in both paperback and on Kindle is 'Conversations With Skip, ' the story of a shelter dog adopted by a young woman having trouble sleeping after her divorce. With his unusual ability to communicate, he is soon running her life, arranging her romances, and teaching her to laugh again. Her most popular novel, 'Maude', the story of her Grandmother, is a #1 best-seller on Amazon and has spent multiple weeks on the Wall Street Journal's Top-10 list. She has also written three screenplays, a stage play, poetry, and short stories. Donna stills takes occasional classes at UNLV and at writer's conferences and is an active member of the Anthem Author's in Henderson, Nevada.
- Author(s)Donna Mabry
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.