All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffectively Apply the Systems Needed for Kinematic, Static, and Dynamic Analyses and Design A survey of machine dynamics using MATLAB and SimMechanics, Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems: Implementation in MATLAB(R) and SimMechanics(R) combines the fundamentals of mechanism kinematics, synthesis, statics and dynamics with real-world applications and offers step-by-step instruction on the kinematic, static, and dynamic analyses and synthesis of equation systems. Written for students with working kwledge of MATLAB and SimMechanics, this book provides a basic understanding of static and dynamic mechanism analysis, moves beyond conventional kinematic concepts-factoring in adaptive programming, 2D and 3D visualization, and simulation, and equips readers with the ability to readily analyze and design mechanical systems. Bridging the gap between theory and application, this book: * Introduces the fundamental, kinematic, and mechanical concepts * Presents the displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of the plan and function generation (concepts in a branch of kinematics called synthesis) of planar four-bar mechanisms * Explores the static and dynamic force analysis of the planar four-bar, slider-crank, geared five-bar, Watt II and Stephenson III mechanisms * Discusses gear and radial cam systems * Describes the displacement velocity and acceleration analysis of the spatial RRSS, RSSR and 4R spherical mechanisms * Includes the forward and inverse kinematic analysis of industrial robots including the Cartesian, cylindrical, spherical, and articulated and SCARA robots * Considers the programmable quantitative methods for kinematic analysis and synthesis Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems: Implementation in MATLAB(R) and SimMechanics(R) provides an introduction to kinematics, presents the foundational concepts in mechanism design and analysis, and gives readers the ability to effectively implement existing mechanical system designs for a variety of applications.
- Author BiographyKevin Russell, PhD, PE, is an adjunct professor in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technology. Formerly, Dr. Russell was a senior mechanical engineer at the U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Center at Picatinny, New Jersey. His responsibilities included the utilization of computer-aided design and modeling and simulation tools for small and medium-caliber weapon-system improvement, concept development, and failure investigations. A registered professional engineer in New Jersey, he holds several small and medium-caliber weapon-system patents and has published extensively in engineering journals in the areas of kinematic synthesis, theoretical kinematics, and machine design. Qiong John Shen, PhD, is an independent consultant at Softalink LLC, cofounder and president of a privately held data analytics company, and an adjunct professor in the department of electrical and computer engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technology. Dr. Shen obtained his Ph.D. degree by successfully completing National Science Foundation-funded research which also resulted in a U.S. patent. He was an engineering manager at Emerson Network Power in charge of supervisory control and data acquisition systems of critical facilities such as healthcare and datacenter. Dr. Shen has been actively involved in extensive academic research in robotics and mechanism synthesis. Raj S. Sodhi, PhD, PE, is a professor in the department of mechanical and industrial engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technology. Dr. Sodhi has more than 30 years of experience in research and education related to mechanical design, mechanisms synthesis and manufacturing engineering, and is the author or coauthor of more than 100 refereed papers. He was awarded the Society of Manufacturing Engineering's University Lead Award. He also received the N. Watrous Procter & Gamble Award from the Society of Applied Mechanisms and Robotics, and the Ralph R. Teetor New Engineering Educator Award from the Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Author(s)Kevin Russell,Qiong Shen,Rajpal S. Sodhi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note409 black & white illustrations, 212 black & white tables
- Weight1072 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.