Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authorised life story of the king who gave up his throne for love, by one of our most distinguished biographers. In this masterly authorized biography, Philip Ziegler reveals the complex personality of Edward VIII, the only British monarch to have voluntarily reunced the throne. With unique access to the Royal Archives, Ziegler overturns many myths about Edward and tells his side of the story - from his glamorous existence as Prince of Wales to his long decline in semi-exile in France. At the heart of the book is an unflinchingly honest examination of Edward's all-consuming passion for Wallis Simpson, which led to his dramatic abdication. Elegant and devastating, this is the most convincing portrait of Edward ever published.
- Author BiographyPhilip Ziegler was born in 1929 and educated at Eton and Oxford. He was a diplomat before becoming an editorial director at the publishers William Collins. His many books include acclaimed biographies of William IV, Lady Diana Cooper, Lord Mountbatten and Harold Wilson, as well as the classic history of the Black Death. His authorised biography of Edward Heath won the Elizabeth Longford Prize in 2011.
- Author(s)Philip Ziegler
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 b/w illus, 2 b/w plates
- Weight480 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.