All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionKing Norodom's Head deals with sights of Phm Penh rarely found in guidebooks. This is t, therefore, a guidebook with walking tours of the town. There are detailed descriptions of the Royal Palace, National Museum, or Khmer Rouge's infamous S-21 detention-cum-torture centre, though all these places make appearances in the book. Rather, the reader will learn of the gold of King Ang Duong and of Madame Chum's infamous opium den, the story behind the mysterious Frenchman buried on Wat Phm's hill, and the secret reason behind Jackie Kennedy's 1967 trip to Cambodia. Each chapter centres on a site that can be visited, someplace or something that can be seen and often touched. The hope is that together these chapters will give the reader an appreciation of a number of the more obscure or little reported places in the city and of the stories and history associated with them. If this book encourages visitors to spend an extra day here and inspires residents to stroll their city's streets more than they rmally would, it will have achieved its purpose.
- Author(s)Steven W. Boswell
- PublisherNIAS Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintNIAS Press
- Content NoteIllustrated
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.