Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA classic and heartfelt war story from War Horse author and former Children's Laureate, Michael Morpurgo. Escaping from China as the Japanese invade, Ashley and Uncle Sung embark on a perilous journey across the Himalayas. Then Ashley finds himself alone in the hostile mountains, battling for his life. He is just about to give up all hope, when he has a mysterious and terrifying encounter ...Author of Private Peaceful and Friend or Foe, Michael Morpurgo again demonstrates why he is considered to be the master storyteller with ather of his beautifully crafted war stories. In the tradition of Goodnight Mr Tom, Carrie's War, and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, King of the Cloud Forests is a vel that takes children to the heart of a tumultuous period in history.-- ---- Former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo needs introduction. He is one of the most successful children's authors in the country, loved by children, teachers and parents alike. Michael has written more than forty books for children including the global hit War Horse, which was made into a Hollywood film by Steven Spielberg in 2011. Several of his other stories have been adapted for screen and stage, including My Friend Walter, Why the Whales Came and Kensuke's Kingdom. Michael has won the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Award, the Circle of Gold Award, the Children's Book Award and has been short-listed for the Carnegie Medal four times. He started the charity Farms for City Children in 1976 with his wife, Clare, aimed at relieving the poverty of experience many young children feel in inner city and urban areas. Michael is also a patron of over a dozen other charities. Living in Devon, listening to Mozart and working with children have provided Michael with the ideas and incentive to write his stories. He spends half his life mucking out sheds with the children, feeding sheep or milking cows; the other half he spends dreaming up and writing stories for children. For me, the greater part of writing is daydreaming, dreaming the dream of my story until it hatches out - the writing down of it I always find hard. But I love finishing it, then holding the book in my hand and sharing my dream with my readers. Michael received an OBE in December 2006 for his services to literature.
- Author BiographyFormer Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo needs no introduction. One of the most successful children's authors in the country, and loved by children, teachers and parents alike. Michael has written more than forty books and won the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Award, the Circle of Gold Award, the Children's Book Award and has been short-listed for the Carnegie Medal four times. His novels have been adapted for film (My Friend Walter, Why the Whales Came) and stage (most recently, Kensuke's Kingdom for the Polka Theatre and Why the Whales Came for Alibi).
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight131 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.