All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, Kingfisher brings its expertise in beautifully-designed, trusted n-fiction to the sphere of learning to read. This new graded reading scheme will grip children's interest. Developed with literacy experts, the four-level series will guide young readers as they build confidence and fluency in their literacy skills and progress towards reading alone. LEVEL 3 READING ALONE Extent: 32pp, words per page: up to 100 Sentence structure and vocabulary will be more varied with a wider range of sentence types, vocabulary and punctuation. * Natural language which is clear and precise * High-quality, arresting photos with lots to talk about * Artwork in an attractive variety of styles * Clear design which helps the narrative flow, making obvious links between the text and images * Features to engage readers such as fact boxes, diagrams and graphics, captions, glossary * Prompts to encourage readers to think and talk about the topic * Careful progression over four levels in both language and design features * Helpful advice for parents about sharing books with their children * Online resources for teachers to encourage use in schools
- Author BiographyChris Oxlade is an experienced author of information books for children. Chris was trained in civil engineering and has written or contributed to titles on science, technology, sports and hobbies, from encyclopedia articles to fun activity books.
- Author(s)Chris Oxlade
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintKingfisher Books Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Reading Age7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.