All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKinglake-350 to VKC. Urgent, do you read me? The fire's here w. God help us. Kinglake-350 is a masterpiece of writing about family, community, country life and what happens when a day of ultimate terror arrives. Adrian Hyland takes a dramatic and compelling sequence of events on that day and weaves them into a picture of universal significance and deep fascination. On 7 February 2009 Roger Wood was the police officer in charge of Kinglake, at the epicentre of the worst bushfire disaster in Australia's history, Black Saturday. As the firestorm engulfed the community, he risked his life, again and again, to try and save people. With the fire raging all around, he phoned home to warn his wife what was coming. She screamed that the fire had already hit their property. Then the line went dead. Black Saturday was a many-headed monster in whose wake stories of grief, heroism and desolation erupted all over the state of Victoria. This is a book about the monster-and the heroism of those who confronted it.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesCommended for Western Australian Premier's Book Awards: Book of the Year 2011. Shortlisted for Westfield/Waverley Library Literary Award 2012 and Prime Minister's Literary Awards (Australia) 2012 and Age Book of the Year: Non-fiction 2012.
- Author(s)Adrian Hyland
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication25/02/2015
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight244 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.