All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChess had a golden era when The Kings Gambit was the favourite opening of every attacking player. In the glory days of Paul Morphy it was considered almost cowardly to play anything else. Legends such as Spassky and Bronstein kept the flame burning in the 20th century, but its popularity faded as players became distrustful of Whites ultra-aggressive approach. Nevertheless there are hourable exceptions whose games prove that this ancient weapon can still draw blood Short, Nakamura and Zvjaginsev are world-class players who have used the Kings Gambit successfully. In this groundbreaking work, grandmaster John Shaw shows that the ultimate Romantic chess opening remains relevant and dangerous even in the computer era.
- Author BiographyJohn Shaw is a chess grandmaster who has been Scottish Champion three times. This is his most ambitious book to date, and was many years in the making.
- Author(s)Grandmaster John Shaw
- PublisherQuality Chess UK LLP
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuality Chess UK LLP
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight1130 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.