All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Kings in Exile And where is the king? He had gone out at on in one of the carriages belonging to the hotel. What, alone? No. His Majesty was accompanied by the councillor Boscovich. By degrees, as she listened to the servant's Dalmatian dialect, clear and hard like the sound of shingle rolling on a beach, the queen felt her fears vanish, and little by little the peaceful hotel room she had vaguely caught sight of on arriving in the early dawn, revealed itself to her with all its reassuring and luxurious triviality, with its light hangings, tall mirrors, and soft-coloured carpets on which the silent and rapid flight of the swallows fell in shadows through the blinds, mingling together like the wings of huge night-moths. Already five o'clock! Come Petscha, do my hair quickly, I am ashamed at having slept so long. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Laura Ensor
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.