All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw? For over a century, Kingston-upon-Thames was the de facto capital of England. Seven Saxon kings were crowned in the town Nipper the terrier - posthumously made famous by the advertising image 'His Master's Voice' - lived in Kingston. During the reign on Henry VIII, Hampton Court Palace featured bowling alleys, tennis courts and a 36,000 sq ft kitchen. Kingston upon Thames is a Royal borough and a Surrey market town situated on the banks of the River Thames. A rewned centre for retail and the arts, Kingston boasts green spaces, cafe culture and architecture. This engaging little book explores both the modern life of this most vibrant and exciting of London boroughs, as well as exploring its historical background.
- Author BiographySimon Webb has written for various newspapers and magazines including the Daily Telegraph, Independent and The Times Educational Supplement. His is the author of Unearthing London: The Ancient World Beneath the Metropolis and Kensington and Chelsea: Not a Guide to, for The History Press.
- Author(s)Simon Webb
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.