All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDziga Vertov was one of the greatest invators of Soviet cinema. The radical complexity of his work - in both sound and silent forms - has given it a central place within contemporary theoretical inquiry. Vertov's writings, collected here, range from calculated manifestos setting forth his heroic vision of film's potential to dark ruminations on the inactivity forced upon him by the bureaucratization of the Soviet state.
- Author BiographyDziga Vertov's films include the Kino-Eye and Kino-Pravda series, Man with a Movie Camera, and Enthusiasm.
- Author(s)Dziga Vertov
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication17/12/1985
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteb&w photographs throughout
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnnette Michelson
- Translated byKevin O'Brien
- Introduction byAnnette Michelson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.