Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHailed for his grandeur of imagination and superb worldbuilding, winner of and minee for more than fifty awards for his outstanding work, Mike Resnick has rightfully won a place as one of science fiction's master storytellers. Now, in Kirinyaga, Resnick presents the haunting and utterly compelling tale of one man's utopia. By the twentieth second century in the African nation of Kenya, polluted cities sprawl up the flanks of sacred Mount Kirinyaga. Great animal herds are but distant memories. European crops w grow on the sweeping savannas. But Koriba, a distinguished, educated man of Kikuyu ancestry, kws that life was different for his people centuries ago--and he is determined to build a utopian colony, t on earth, but on the terraformed planetoid he proudly names Kirinyaga. As the mundumugu--witch doctor--Koriba leads the colonists. Reinstating the ancient customs and stringent laws of the Kikuyu people, he alone decides their fate. He must face many challenges to the struggling colony's survival: from a brilliant young girl whose radiant intellect could threaten their traditional ways to the interference of Maintenance which holds the power to revoke the colony's charter. All the while, only Koriba--unbekwnst to his people--maintains the computer link to the rest of humanity. Ironically, the Kirinyaga experiment threatens to collapse--t from violence or greed--but from humankind's insatiable desire for kwledge. The Kikuyu people can more stand still in time than their planet can stop revolving around its sun. Deeply moving, swiftly paced, and profound in its implications, Kirinyaga is Mike Resnick's most triumphant work to date. His Fable of Utopia is the book every science fiction reader will want to own and savor for years to come. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyMike Resnick's outstanding work has won numerous awards--including three Hugos and one Nebula--and has been nominated for dozens more. Resnick has traveled extensively in Africa, the setting for Kirinyaga. He divides his time between Cincinnati, Ohio, and Orlando, Florida. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Mike Resnick
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDel Rey Books
- Weight249 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.29Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.