Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in a Lyon's Corner House in London, this is the second vel in the series set against the backdrop of the Second World War which began with CORNER HOUSE GIRLS. 'The Corner House was making a good job of New Year's Eve, despite the bad weather, the blackout, the looming threat of rationing...The Nippies were dashing to and fro with their big silver trays and the war seemed suddenly far away.' So begins 1940 for the Nippies at the Lyons Corner House at Marble Arch. But despite putting on a cheerful face for the customers, the war is taking its toll on all the waitresses: for Maggie, married just a few hours and then parted from her husband; for Jo and Phyl, anxiously waiting for news from their fiances; for Etty, and the constant jibes she faces about her background; and even for Irene, who begins a new friendship which is t all it appears to be...
- Author BiographyLilian Harry grew up near Portsmouth and now lives in a village on the edge of Dartmoor with her two miniature schnauzers. A keen bell-ringer and member of the local drama group, Lilian loves to walk on the moors. Her daughter and two grandchildren live nearby. Follow her on Twitter @LilianHarry.
- Author(s)Lilian Harry
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication24/12/2001
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight249 g
- Width111 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.