All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor his eighteenth birthday, Dusty Baker's parents gave him a great present: Two tickets to the Monterey Pop Festival of June 1967, a three-day event featuring more than thirty bands, and use of the family station wagon for the weekend so young Dusty could drive down from Sacramento to the Monterey Bay Area. He was ather young person, trying to take it all in, sleeping on the beach with his buddy, having the time of his life soaking up the vibe and every different musical style represented there. Baker's lifelong love of music was set in motion, his wide-ranging, eclectic tastes, everything from country to hip-hop. He also caught the Jimi Hendrix Experience, who put on such a show that to this day Baker calls Hendrix the most exciting performer he's ever seen. He went on to years of friendship with musicians from B.B. King and John Lee Hooker to Elvin Bishop. This account grabs a reader from page one and never lets up.
- Author BiographyDusty Baker is a former slugger for the Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants and Oakland A's and a three-time Manager of the Year whose 1,671 wins as a manager rank 16th all time. He's a lifelong fan of music whose friends among prominent musicians include Elvin Bishop, John Lee Hooker, Carlos Santana and B.B. King.
- Author(s)Dusty Baker
- PublisherWellstone Books
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic That Changed My Life
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWellstone Books
- Weight171 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.