Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $37.96
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $32.79
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.13
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.52
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.72
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide gives you everything you've ever needed to kw about the humble potato, both in the ground and on the plate. It contains a guide to the best varieties to plant - from small, waxy salad potatoes to the floury types that are perfect for roasting - and full and foolproof instructions on when, where and how to plant them, and when to harvest both early and maincrop potatoes. There is also a wealth of potato recipes, from simple-but-delicious jacket potatoes and the creamiest mash to more unfamiliar ones, such as the Dutch dish 'Hot Lightning' and the Swedish 'Janssen's Temptation'. The book is also packed with fascinating facts and history - did you kw potatoes were the first vegetables to be grown in space? Illustrated throughout with pretty and stalgic illustrations, this warm, comforting and sometimes surprising guide is the ideal book for gardeners of all skill levels who love to cook what they've grown.
- Author BiographyJane McMorland Hunter has written several books, including Ode to London. Her other books include three books in the best-selling Teach Yourself series as well as The Tiny Garden (Frances Lincoln) and For the Love of an Orchard (Pavilion) both of which have been widely and favourably reviewed. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Jane McMorland-Hunter
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Content Note75 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.