Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $18.85Free postage
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.03
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.76
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.36
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERPolly Evans was a woman with a mission. Before the traditional New Zealand male hung up his sheep shears for good, Polly wanted to see this vanishing species with her own eyes. Venturing into the land of giant kauri trees and smaller kiwi birds, she explores the country once inhabited by fierce Maori who carved their enemies bones into cutlery, bushwhacking pioneers, and gold miners who lit their pipes with banktes and comes face-to-face with their surprisingly tame descendants. So what had become of the mighty Kiwi warrior? As Polly tears through the countryside at seventy-five miles an hour, she attempts to solve this mystery while pub-crawling in Hokitika, scaling the Southern Alps, and enduring a hair-raising stay in a mining town where the earth has been kwn to swallow houses whole. And as she chronicles the thrills and travails of her extraordinary odyssey, Polly s search for the elusive Kiwi comes full circle teaching her some hilarious and surprising lessons about motorcycles, modern civilization, and men.
- Author BiographyPolly Evans studied modern languages at Cambridge University, where she learned a little about Spanish and a little more about men. The hours of hard research she poured into these two subjects, plus a four-year stint at Hong Kong's largest weekly magazine, inspired her first three books, all available from Delta. Polly now lives in London, where she is at work on the tale of her attempts to learn to ride in horse-mad Argentina.
- Author(s)Polly Evans
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight249 g
- Width134 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.