Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking things in stride is t easy for Kizzy Ann, but with her border collie, Shag, stalwart at her side, she sets out to live a life as sweet as syrup on cornbread. In 1963, as Kizzy Ann prepares for her first year at an integrated school, she worries about the color of her skin, the scar running from the corner of her right eye to the tip of her smile, and whether anyone at the white school will like her. She writes letters to her new teacher in a clear, insistent voice, stating her troubles and asking questions with startling honesty. The new teacher is supportive, but t everyone feels the same, so there is a lot to write about. Her brother, James, is having a far less positive school experience than she is, and the anying white neighbor boy won t leave her alone. But Shag, her border collie, is her refuge. Even so, opportunity clashes with obstacle. Kizzy Ann kws she and Shag could compete well in the dog trials, but will she be able to enter? From Jeri Watts comes an inspiring middle-grade vel about opening your mind to the troubles and scars we all must bear and facing life with hope and trust.
- Author BiographyJeri Watts has worked as a public school teacher for twenty-seven years. She has written numerous short stories as well as the picture book Keepers. Kizzy Ann Stamps is her first middle-grade novel. Jeri Watts lives in Virginia, where she is a professor at Lynchburg College.
- Author(s)Jeri Watts
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight313 g
- Width140 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.