Knack Drums for Everyone: A Step-by-Step Guide to Equipment, Beats, and Basics by Carmine Appice (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.62+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionTo access Knack Music Tracks for Drums cut and paste the link below into your browser. ftp://ftp.globe-pequot.com/Knack Music Tracks If your broswer requires authentication use the following: User Name: knackmusicPassword: knackmusic
- Author BiographyCarmine Appice first came into the spotlight with the band VANILLA FUDGE in the late 1960s, playing on such shows as The Ed Sullivan Show and American Bandstand. He later joined Tim Bogert and Grammy-winning guitar hero, Jeff Beck, in the stellar combination of talent known internationally as BECK, BOGERT, and APPICE. One of the premier showmen in rock, he became known worldwide for his astonishing live performances, in addition becoming a highly sought-after session drummer, recording with countless artists throughout the seventies, including Rod Stewart with whom he helped write hit songs such as Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? and Young Turks. Carmine's discography demonstrates his broad musical scope, having worked with artists ranging from Stanley Clarke to Ozzy Osbourne; from Ted Nugent to Pink Floyd. Such versatility stems from Carmine having been influenced by the jazz drumming of Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa, combined with extensive classical training. As an educator, Carmine was the first to legitimize rock drumming with his landmark book, REALISTIC ROCK. This revolutionary drum method book, which has sold more than 300,000 copies. It was the first book about rock drumming that was actually written by a rock drummer. REALISIC ROCK was voted among the top 25 drum books of all time by MODERN DRUMMER magazine and has been studied by such drum luminaries as Greg Bissonette and Dave Weckl. Carmine was also the first rock drummer to conduct instructional clinics and symposiums held on college campuses, theaters, and music stores around the world, a tradition he still continues. His clinics and master classes continue to break attendance records at venues in every country. In 1991 Carmine was inducted into the Hollywood Rock Walk, his handprints and signature side by side with his idols Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich. In December 1997 Carmine received a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award from the LA MUSIC Awards. In May of 2000 Carmine won the EDITORS ACHIEVEMENT AWARD from MODERN DRUMMER MAGAZINE. He lives in Encino, California. John Klicker is a freelance photojournalist and award-winning editorial photographer based in Portland, Oregon. KeefeKlicker Studio, founded in 1987, serves as a creative base for Klicker and his wife, Julie Keefe, who is the photographer of Knack Guitar for Everyone. Visit them at www.keefeklicker.com.
- Author(s)Carmine Appice
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/01/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleKnack: Make it Easy
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, printed music items
- Weight46 g
- Width216 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byJohn Klicker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.