Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Arthur Lukas, a professional photographer, goes jogging one fine spring morning, he literally steps into an adventure when he encounters a knight in full armor who asks Lukas to come with him to do some mysterious work involving an ancient quest. When Arthur refuses to follow the knight, the latter disappears into the forest. Lukas is soon given a chance to do a series of photographs on the famous Shroud of Turin, which supposedly bears a miraculous imprint of the face of Jesus; he forgets about the knight as he travels to Italy. But before Arthur can finish his work in Turin, a series of unexpected events causes him to journey to a strange place in ather time, the land of the knight, and he is forced to rethink his plans. The mystical adventure that follows is the stuff of legends, as far-reaching as the search for the Holy Grail. The wonders and dangers that Arthur encounters make for an enchanting tale; but a careful reading can reveal layer upon layer of meanings beneath. Excellent reading for adults and also for young people, this vel can be read as a simple mythical tale or as a spiritual journey.
- Author BiographyBorn in Vienna, Austria, Klaus Luthardt was educated in Germany, Canada, and the United States. He has taught English language and literature at the university level as well as German language and culture to U.S. diplomats preparing for overseas assignments. His career has included developing educational programs for the Smithsonian Associates, working in the continuing education division of the University of Virginia, managing a foreign language program where 28 different languages were taught, and conducting a writers' workshop for several years. In addition, he has worked in construction, served as a hotel concierge, worked in the wine business, and cleaned up oil spills. He and his wife enjoy being on a Greek island, working in their rocky garden, and learning the Greek language and traditional dances. Luthardt has published a number of poems and articles, both online and in various publications, and has completed several books of poetry. Some of his poems have been set to music and performed in concerts.
- Author(s)Klaus Luthardt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.