About this product
- DescriptionIn the days of chivalry, pure and faithful hearts were rewarded -- and they still are. These six enchanting stories set around the world will capture your heart with their wonder and wisdom. First created at the turn of the 20th century, these Victorian-era tales retold from the Little Colonel books have been rewritten for today's reader, retaining all the beauty of the originals. Purity before marriage, patience in adversity, faithfulness in small things, and sacrificial love and courage in despair are some of the virtues displayed in these new spiritual classics. Knights, Maidens and Dragons is illustrated with more than a dozen full-color gorgeous artworks created by famous illustrator Diana Magnuson.
- Author BiographyJulia Duin is a contributing writer for The Washington Post. Previously, she was the religion editor of The Washington Times and a religion reporter for The Houston Chronicle. She has published five books and has a master's degree in religion from Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, Pa. She's been interested in vintage children's literature ever since she read The Little Colonel series at the age of eight. Julia plays the harp and lives in Maryland with her daughter. Interact with Julia at www.JuliaDuin.com
- Author(s)Julia Duin
- PublisherChalfont House
- Date of Publication19/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalfont House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Diana Magnuson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.