All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the bestselling author of Riders of the Purple Sage, comes ather classic Western tale. The sun set across the purple sky over the Don Carlos Rancho while the warm Santa Fe breeze rustled through the grazing fields just off the trail. The Colonel sat on his porch, staring over the whole scene, pondering the seemingly-doomed future of his prized cattle ranch. Ather spell with my heart like this last one will kill me, he said nervously to his right-hand man, Britt. Afraid it would break her, the Colonel kept his condition from his alienated daughter, Holly--who was shipped off to boarding school in the East at the tender age of eight. The Colonel would settle for thing less than the best education for his daughter. Not to mention, the West--crawling with outlaws, thieves, and greed--was place for a naive, young woman. However, in the wake of the Colonel's death, Holly is forced to return and take the reins of her father's beloved cattle empire. In the midst of hordes of outlaws ransacking the ranch and antagonizing their stock, the heiress must learn the ways of the West alongside the Captain Britt, in an attempt to salvage what's left of her father's dream. In the spirit and glory of a classic Western, and published exactly as the author originally intended, Knights of the Range, is one of Zane Grey's swiftest and most exciting vels. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyZane Grey was born Pearl Zane Gray in Zanesville, Ohio, in 1872. He took his first trip to Arizona in 1907 and, following his return, wrote and published his first Western, Desert Heritage. One of the most famous Western authors of his time, Grey fashioned psycho-dramas about the odyssey of the human soul. More than one hundred films have been based on his work, a record that remains unbroken. He lived in Altadena, California, and died in 1939.
- Author(s)Zane Grey
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight328 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.