All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKnit Vintage offers a fantastic selection of more than 20 timeless designs based on original women's knitwear patterns from the 1930s to the 1950s. Drawing from their own extensive collections of vintage knitting patterns, authors Madeline Weston and Rita Taylor have chosen garments for their classic style and updated them to appeal to 21st century tastes. The patterns, which incorporate traditional stitch formations such as cables, lace, Fair Isle and other motifs, have been adapted to suit an array of gorgeous modern yarns in fashion-forward colours and sumptuous textures, including meri, angora, cotton, bamboo, cashmere, alpaca and silk. The five chapters 'Pretty Tops', 'Cute Cardigans', 'Starlet Sweaters', 'Twinsets & Two Pieces' and 'Finishing Touches' - include short-sleeve tops, cardigans, sweaters, twinsets, stockings, a beret, shawl and mittens. All feature classic touches that will appeal to anyone who loves the exquisite attention to detail found in vintage knitwear. Beautifully styled and photographed, this bespoke collection of 20 projects will delight every knitter and fashionista who appreciates the classic elegance of the original sweater girls and the retro silhouettes of the silver-screen starlets.
- Author BiographyMadeline Weston and her partner opened their shop The Scottish Merchant in Covent Garden in 1970, and for 20 years it was known as the place in London for buying beautifully made, authentic garments sourced from all parts of the British Isles. Madeline also owned a yarn shop and has done extensive research into traditional knitting patterns; an authority on the subject, she is the author of Country Weekend Knits (Jacqui Small, 2008) and Country Weekend Socks (Jacqui Small, 2010). She now lives in Norfolk.
- Author(s)Madeline Weston,Rita Taylor
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.