Knitknit: Profiles and Projects from Knitting's New Wave by Sabrina Gschwandtner (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll over North America and Europe, a brand-new generation has taken up knitting - and is transforming the venerable needlecraft by blurring the boundary between craft and art. In Copenhagen, Isabel Berglund hand-knitted an entire room. In New England, David Cole constructed an ermous 'knitting machine' (he used earth-movers and cherry-pickers) that knit an 800-stitch, 35-by-20-foot American flag. But the projects aren't all of a monumental scale. In Los Angeles, Bridget Marrin Knits little dollhouses - complete with yarn lawns, shrubbery, and smoke-filled chimneys.Canadian Debbie New makes exquisite knitted teacups and boats. Five years ago, Sabrina Gschwandtner founded a 'zine to chronicle the trend. Now, her book KnitKnit brings together profiles of 27 of the most talented artist-crafters knitting today. But KnitKnit does more than just document their ingenious creations. Each of the profiled knitters has contributed a project - a sweatshirt kimo, a mohair and metal belt, a hobo-style shoulder bag, a geodesic-patterned cap, even a teddy bear knit from fiberglass insulation - meant to inspire you to find and follow your own creative path.
- Author BiographySabrina Gschwandter holds a BA in film and art theory from Brown University. Her handknit clothing line has been sold at numerous stores in New York, including Henri Bendel, Steven Alan, and TG-170. Her artwork has been exhibited internationally at such venues as the Venice Biennale and the Museum of Arts and Design. She is the founder of Knit Knit, a biannual artist's publication dedicated to the intersection of traditional handcraft and contemporary art. KnitKnit has been reported on in numerous publications, including the New Yorker, Fader, BUST, Interweave Knits and Selvedge and on Style.com, the online home of Vogue and W magazines. Visit Sabrina's website at www.knitknit.net.
- Author(s)Sabrina Gschwandtner
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Notecl / bw / tt illustrations, cl148 / bw / tt148 photographs
- Weight1160 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Photographs byKiriko Shirobayashi
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.