All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past 40 years, Mary Lee Hu has affirmed her distinctive voice in the world of jewelry with her elegant, voluptuous creations. Using wire the way hand weavers use threads, Hu has blazed a trail as both artist and invator, exploring the nexus between metalsmithing and textile techniques, often through the recovery of historical precedents from an ancient past, and inspired by her innate aspiration to perfection and her stubborn curiosity. Hu's apparently effortless and graceful creations, resulting from twining, weaving, ktting, and braiding, investigate both the possibilities and limits of wire by melding fiber art and jewelry, structure and pattern, light and line. Knitted, Ktted, Twisted, and Twined features exquisite earrings, rings, brooches, and neckpieces drawn from public and private collections internationally. The book traces the evolution and refinement of Hu's processes and skill from her earliest experimental pieces in the late 1960s--capturing the spirit of a time when craft and lifestyle were so passionately intertwined--to the confidence and movement of her contemporary creations.
- Author BiographyMary Lee Hu taught metalsmithing at the University of Washington until her retirement in 2006.
- Author(s)Janet Koplos,Jeannine Falino,Stefano Catalani
- PublisherBellevue Arts Museum
- Date of Publication23/04/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBellevue Arts Museum
- Content Note100 color illus.
- Weight1225 g
- Width6466 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.