All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAny knitted gift is meant to carry a message. Why t take it one step further and put your own words into your knits? Knitted Letters is a comprehensive guide, for knitters of all levels, to incorporating any combination of letters into jumpers, cushions, blankets and more. Knit a word, a phrase, a poem or initials: the possibilities are endless. Choose from 9 different alphabets, each in a stylish and distinctive typeface. Dozens of attractive, accessible projects are included, each with space and instructions for you to incorporate your chosen letters, spelling out whatever you want to say. Filled with creative ideas, stunning photography and clear colourwork charts, this book is the perfect way to make a statement with your knits.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE HIRST's grandmother taught her to knit, crochet, and embroider when she was a little girl, and she's been hand-making clothing, accessories, and gifts ever since. She studied English and art at the University of Pennsylvania and began teaching crafts in the US over a decade ago; now she teaches at craft studios and colleges across London, and in her own home studio. She can be found at www.catherinehirst.com, and often on the London Underground knitting a sock. Catherine is the author of Teeny Tiny Crochet and Granny Square Crochet (both published by CICO Books, 2012). ERSSIE MAJOR has been knitting and crocheting since she was four years old, and now works as a designer, project manager, knitting tutor, and a knitter for other well-known designers. She has had around 200 patterns published in books and magazines including Anticraft: Knitting Beading & Stitching for the Slightly Sinister (F&W, 2007), 60 Quick Baby Knits (Sixth&Spring, 2011), and Knit Simple, HobbyCraft, and Inside Crochet magazines. She also self-publishes a variety of patterns on her website, www.erssieknits.comm, which includes her blog, Skeinspotting, featuring knitting news as well as reviews of yarns, books and films. When Erssie is not knitting or crocheting (which is hardly ever) she enjoys looking after, and occasionally knitting for, her two rescued greyhounds. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Catherine Hirst,Erssie Major
- PublisherApple Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintApple Press
- Content NoteColour photographs
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.