Knitted Toy Travels: Wild Knitting Projects from Across the Globe by Laura Long (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.04+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fabulous collection of personality-packed designs that will have you knitting adorable toys in time! Each of the brightly coloured characters is a joy to knit for all abilities, making them the perfect gift for children or adults alike. The variety of designs and ideas for finishing and embellishing with your choice of fabric and trimmings means limitless potential to create special gifts and keepsakes for everyone. There are 15 irresistible projects, beginning with Ed the intrepid explorer. Each knitted toy animal that follows has its own unique character and all the animals are linked by Explorer Ed's travels around the world. In every country he visits, he meets a new animal, each with a different story to tell, from Kath kangaroo and her baby Joey, and monkey Mike to Penny the panda and Lenny the lion. This collection of sweet little knitted animals brings out the child in all of us. Creating beautiful toys out of yarn can remind you of special places and creatures, and can be enjoyed for many years to come. There are projects in this book for everyone to enjoy knitting, from beginners to more advanced knitters. In the handy techniques section you will learn all of the knitting basics from casting on, the knit and purl stitches, basic stitch patterns, binding off, shaping, colourwork, making up and finishing touches. Running throughout the book are enchanting photographs, illustrations and Laura's fun little rhymes, all of which bring the characters to life with a unique storybook feel. Plan travels for your toys with the invative pull-out map of the world; from the bamboo forests of China to the Australian outback, and everywhere in between! Knit your way around the world!
- Author BiographyLaura Long has a knitted textiles degree from Central St Martins and works out of her central London studio. She teaches knitting and designs, makes and sells her knitted creations to boutiques and galleries all over the world; her previous clients include Simply Knitting Magazine and Knit Today. Laura lives in South London.
- Author(s)Laura Long
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note75 colour photographs, 75 colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.